This might surprise you, but this might be the first time I’ve ever made a list of resolutions. Usually at this time of year, people give up resolutions, saying they never follow them anyway. Having my goals written down always benefits me, so here I go!
1. Cook – Jes and I have been cooking quite a bit lately, but that’s only because the dining hall isn’t open. This year, I hope to cook once a week. Or something like that. The only think I cooked last year was pasta. There’s not much to that – just plop some rigatoni into boiling water, drain it, pour sauce in, and voila! Pasta.
2. Drink water – My apartment is very dry. Perhaps it’s because we have our thermostat set to 70 degrees. Anyway, water is the main ingredient to everything in life! It flushes out the system and hydrates. How cool is that?
3. Dress up – Why is everything in my closet either a T-shirt or jeans? I need to amp up the style. Really. I’m trying to get some fancy clothes, but it’s hard when you’re tight on cash. I’ve been scouring thrift stores (good thing that’s one of Pete‘s favorite thing to do), and surprisingly, they have some classy clothes – for a bargain. I’m currently on the lookout for a navy blazer.
4. 8-minute mile – Two days ago, I ran a mile at 9 minutes. I struggled. By the end of the semester (not the year), it will be down to 8 minutes.
5. Run a 5K – On the running note, I ran 5k at the gym yesterday. Running laps bored me, but in the end, I felt happy. The endorphins were amazing, and I felt accomplished. My sister invited me to run one with her last year, but due to lack of funds, I had to turn her down. This year will be different.
6. Most importantly, have fun – On Friday nights, you may often find me sprawled out on Pete’s couch while he makes a box of mac n’ cheese. No more! Although a week of school exhausts me, I need to find more time to be sociable. A lot of my friends graduate this semester, and we have to make memories that will last!
There we have it – a more classy, sociable, healthy Emilee. I’m ready.